Brasfield & Gorrie is currently accepting applications for Concrete Foreman (Finisher Foreman). Below are the main responsibilities for this position.
(This description may not include all duties required of this position)
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule crew of 5-15 construction employees daily; carpenters and equipment operators.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Speak and Read English
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as vertical and horizontal concrete forms, floors, walls, foundations, pans, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Align forms for concrete walls, beams, and floors; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints.
- Position requires long periods of stooping, bending, and standing.
- Position requires frequently lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Must adhere to safety protocol, and work in a drug-free environment.