Brasfield & Gorrie is currently accepting applications for a Structural Ironworker. Below are the main responsibilities for this position.
(This description may not include all duties required of this position)
- Develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, lay-out, install assemble and erect steel components in accordance with those plans and specifications.
- Read and understand plans and specifications, including steel inventories. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and erect steel and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Shakeout steel into erectable sequence; rig steel members for crane hoisting with a thorough knowledge and use of crane signals
- Guide steel members into position using tag line.
- Connect steel members; bolt-up connections; rack structure; plumb and square; torque bolts to applicable specifications.
- Pull, push, or pry steel members into approximate position while member is supported by crane.
- Force member into final position using turnbuckle, ironbars, jacks and hand tools; align holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member using drift pins or handle of wrench through the holes.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of member using plumb bob and level.
- Cut and weld members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene cutting and welding equipment.